Cup Matches reaches 20 years
The WPGA Junior Foundation is pleased to announce the 2017 Wisconsin Cup Team. This will be the 20th year of the event. This annual event showcases 12 boys and 12 girls from Wisconsin against Team Minnesota in a Ryder Cup team-type event that started back in 1998. Team Wisconsin leads the overall series at 12-6-1. Players are selected off the Player of the Year points list from the previous year.
The 2017 girls team will include Ashley Kulka (Beaver Dam), Maria Seeman (Milton), Taylor McCorkle (Oregon), Alexis Thomas (Middleton), Speedy Kent (Mequon), Lorenza Martinez (Men. Falls), Sarah Busey (Racine), Jo Baranczyk (Green Bay), Erika Priebe (Appleton), Abby Cavaiani (Wales), Maggie Warrner (Lakewood) and Emily Lauterbach (Hartland).
The boys team will include Jed Baranczyk (Green Bay), Tyler Leach (Spring Valley), Hunter Eichhorn (Carney, MI), Brock Hlinak (Kaukauna), Bennett Knapek (Hartland), Matt Tuman (Wausau), Sean Murphy (Middleton), Piercen Hunt (Hartland), Andrew Clement (Pewaukee), Clayton Tribus (Madison), Zak Kulka (Beaver Dam) and Jack Anderson (Brookfield).
The event will take place at Troy Burne golf course in Hudson, WI on June 29-30. Team Wisconsin will look to bring the cup home after at loss to Team Minnesota last year with a total of 20-16.
The Junior Foundation would also like to thank the sales reps that donated tee gifts to each player. Thanks to Ted Robbins and Tom Cranwell for donating Titleist golf balls, gloves and hats. Antigua President Ron McPherson and WI sales representative Cyndi Millspaugh for donating the team shirts each day, and Ron Hurab for donating an RJ Shepherd umbrella and Devant towel to each player. These guys make this event a great experience for all players.
To view past results of the event Click Here.
2017 Junior Membership Now Available
New for 2017!
Parents may register additional siblings, 21 years of age or younger, as junior members online. As long as one sibling is signed up for the Junior Membership at either the $65 or $55 level, any remaining brothers or sisters may sign up for the discounted Sibling Membership.
Click Here for 2017 Printable Junior Membership Application
Tournament Registration goes live on April 10 @ 6pm
|Junior Members click login into your players account and register for events. You can also cancel out of events from your players account. Get familiar with your account before registration goes live.|
New Events & Updates
The Junior Foundation has created a few new events for the 2017 season.
- The Junior Foundation will take over the Pro-Junior event. The Legend at Merrill Hills will host this event on October 1st. Juniors will be able to register with a PGA Professional as a team or register as an individual and be paired with a PGA Professional for this event. This will be a individual stroke play event with age divisions like a junior tour event but also include a team contest. Talk to you local PGA Professional about playing!
- The Junior Foundation is excited to partner up with the Wisconsin Golf Coaches Association to help run the High School Showcase event on July 5th-6th at Whistling Straits, Irish Course. This event will now be a two day 36-hole event.
- The Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic is the new sponsor of the Future Champions Tour. The LPGA is coming to Thornberry Creek on July 3rd-9th, see some of the best female players in the world compete. The Future Tour has expanded to thirteen events this summer.
- The Madison Par 3 tour will be another addition to the event schedule. This tour will have four events in the Madison area for kids ages 12 and under.
- The Junior Tour event at Whistling Straits on June 30th will continue to be a lottery drawing for players to get into this event. Juniors will have 24 hours from when registration starts (April 10th at 6 p.m.) to register. Everyone that registers during this time will be put into a pending status and your credit card will not be charged. The lottery drawing will be random and will take place on April 12th. Once the lottery takes place the selected entries will be charged on credit card you registered with. Second, the tournament will Only be open to boys & girls ages 14-18. This golf course is very difficult and we have had issues with pace of play in the 13 & under division in years past.
2017 Scholarship Applications Now Available
The purpose of the WPGA Junior Foundation scholarship program is to assist graduating high school and college students in financing their college education. There are 2 separate scholarship forms. One is for graduating high school seniors and the other is for current college students. Please choose the appropriate one. In 2016, the WPGA Junior Foundation awarded twenty one scholarships totaling $17,200. We anticipate awarding over $25,000 in 2017.
If you are a PGA PGM student, you will be asked to indicate that on either application. You will be considered for the Tony Coleman Memorial Scholarship and the general scholarships. All applicants will be eligible for the Terry Noel Memorial Scholarship.
2017 Scholarship Applications listed below.
Deadline for both scholarship applications is May 11, 2017.
Click Here for 2017 High School Senior Application Form
Click Here for 2017 College Student Application Form
Visit www.lpgafoundation.org for more information.