Help Us win the PGA Tour Volunteer Challenge
HELP US RAISE FUNDS BY VOTING FOR JOE STADLER & WPGA JUNIOR FOUNDATION IN THE PGA TOUR CHALLENGE SPONSORED BY MYRBETRIQ!
As part of the PGA Tour's American Family Insurance Championship, Joe will be participating in the PGA Tour Volunteer Challenge. The winner of this friendly "vote-for-me" competition earns the opportunity to present a check for up to $10,000 to the charity of their choice. Joe has chosen the WPGA Junior Foundation as his charity.
Its really easy to vote and will only take a few minutes to complete.
Step 1 - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Step 2 - You will receive a validation email, you MUST validate your vote or it will not count
Step 3 - Pass this along to your friends to help us win!
2017 Junior Membership Now Available
New for 2017!
Parents may register additional siblings, 21 years of age or younger, as junior members online. As long as one sibling is signed up for the Junior Membership at either the $65 or $55 level, any remaining brothers or sisters may sign up for the discounted Sibling Membership.
Click Here for 2017 Printable Junior Membership Application
Tournament Registration goes live on April 10 @ 6pm
|Junior Members click login into your players account and register for events. You can also cancel out of events from your players account. Get familiar with your account before registration goes live.|
New Events & Updates
The Junior Foundation has created a few new events for the 2017 season.
- The Junior Foundation will take over the Pro-Junior event. The Legend at Merrill Hills will host this event on October 1st. Juniors will be able to register with a PGA Professional as a team or register as an individual and be paired with a PGA Professional for this event. This will be a individual stroke play event with age divisions like a junior tour event but also include a team contest. Talk to you local PGA Professional about playing!
- The Junior Foundation is excited to partner up with the Wisconsin Golf Coaches Association to help run the High School Showcase event on July 5th-6th at Whistling Straits, Irish Course. This event will now be a two day 36-hole event.
- The Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic is the new sponsor of the Future Champions Tour. The LPGA is coming to Thornberry Creek on July 3rd-9th, see some of the best female players in the world compete. The Future Tour has expanded to thirteen events this summer.
- The Madison Par 3 tour will be another addition to the event schedule. This tour will have four events in the Madison area for kids ages 12 and under.
- The Junior Tour event at Whistling Straits on June 30th will continue to be a lottery drawing for players to get into this event. Juniors will have 24 hours from when registration starts (April 10th at 6 p.m.) to register. Everyone that registers during this time will be put into a pending status and your credit card will not be charged. The lottery drawing will be random and will take place on April 12th. Once the lottery takes place the selected entries will be charged on credit card you registered with. Second, the tournament will Only be open to boys & girls ages 14-18. This golf course is very difficult and we have had issues with pace of play in the 13 & under division in years past.
2017 Scholarship Applications Now Available
The purpose of the WPGA Junior Foundation scholarship program is to assist graduating high school and college students in financing their college education. There are 2 separate scholarship forms. One is for graduating high school seniors and the other is for current college students. Please choose the appropriate one. In 2016, the WPGA Junior Foundation awarded twenty one scholarships totaling $17,200. We anticipate awarding over $25,000 in 2017.
If you are a PGA PGM student, you will be asked to indicate that on either application. You will be considered for the Tony Coleman Memorial Scholarship and the general scholarships. All applicants will be eligible for the Terry Noel Memorial Scholarship.
2017 Scholarship Applications listed below.
Deadline for both scholarship applications is May 11, 2017.
Click Here for 2017 High School Senior Application Form
Click Here for 2017 College Student Application Form
Visit www.lpgafoundation.org for more information.
2018 Drive, Chip and Putt Registration is now open
Whether your son or daughter is picking up the club for the first time, or has been playing for years, the Drive Chip and Putt competition is for every kid. Everywhere. Give it a shot! We do have to warn you---golf tends to get kids hooked for a lifetime!!
REGISTER HERE: Please visit www.drivechipandputt.com and hit "Register Now." You'll be prompted to enter in participant information and sign a waiver online. From that point, you'll be able to search for local qualifying spots closest to you! More details can be found on our website under "Drive, Chip & Putt" covering starting time information and competition rules.
How does it work? This fun, free and nationwide youth golf development initiative invites boys and girls, ages 7-15, to participate in local qualifying opportunities in all 50 states throughout the months of May, June, July and August. Entrants will play in girls’ and boys’ divisions in four age categories, with scoring centered around golf’s three fundamental skills (Drive, Chip and Putt). Top performers at the local level will advance through subregional and regional qualifiers in July/August and September/October, respectively, at some of the nation’s most acclaimed venues and championship sites. From these qualifiers, 80 finalists – 40 boys and 40 girls – will earn an invitation to the National Finals at Augusta National Golf Club on Sunday, April 1, the eve of the 2018 Masters Tournament.
Stage 1 Qualifying (Local)
Tuesday, June 27th at SentryWorld, Stevens Point
Tuesday, July 11th at Whispering Springs GC, Fond Du Lac
Tuesday, July 18th at Edgewood GC, Big Bend
Tuesday, July 25th at The Legend at Merrill Hills, Waukesha
Thursday, July 27th at The Legend at Bergamont, Oregon
Monday, July 31st at Green Bay CC, Green Bay
Stage 2 Qualifying (Sub Regional)
Saturday, August 5th at University Ridge GC, Verona
Stage 3 Qualifying (Regional)
Saturday, September 30th at Interlachen CC, Minneapolis
Stage 4 (National Finals)
Sunday, April 1, 2018 at Augusta National in Augusta, Georgia