Registration Opens on April 3 for Junior Members
|Junior Members click login into your players account and register for events. You can also cancel out of events from your players account. Get familiar with your account before registration goes live.|
This is your one stop shop to register for tournaments tonight. Click the Login & Register Now button above to login into your account. You can then register for multiple events and pay at the end. This is an easier step rather than going to each event on the schedule page and registering.
*If you are not able to register for Players Tour events, you are not on the invite list. All players must be on invite list to register for these events. You must meet handicap requirements. All juniors that would like to play on this tour must contact the office to be added. Juniors who participated last year and are members as of today, April 2 were added to invite list already*
Events & Updates
The Junior Foundation has a few updates for the 2019 season.
- The Junior Tour event at Whistling Straits on July 14th will continue to be a lottery drawing for players to get into this event. Juniors will have 24 hours from when registration starts (April 3rd at 6 p.m.) to register. Everyone that registers during this time will be put into a pending status and your credit card will not be charged. The lottery drawing will be random and will take place on April 8th. Once the lottery takes place the selected entries will be charged on credit card you registered with. Second, the tournament will Only be open to boys & girls ages 14-18. This golf course is very difficult and we have had issues with pace of play in the 13 & under division in years past. *Juniors who could not play in the reschedule in 2018 at The Irish Course will have priority to register, these juniors MUST register in the lottery drawing and will then be entered into the event.
- We are happy to announce that Balance & Believe is back as the presenting sponsor for the Junior Tour. We will look to partner with B&B for the Bucket of Hope events and pick out other charities that an event will specifically help. Look for more information this spring before events start in June.
- We continue to bring new sites to the tours. The following sites were added to the Junior Tour for 2019 - Green Bay CC, New Richmond GC, Irish Waters GC, Trappers Turn, Wild Rock GC, Reid GC, Lake Ripley GC, Tanglewood Greens, Racine CC, Sand Valley - The Sandbox, Cherokee CC, Kettle Moraine GC, Brighton Dale Links, House on the Rock, Northern Bay Resort and Bristol Ridge.
- We are excited to announce a new 36-hole event on our schedule. The Dells Junior Championship will take place on July 1-2 at Wild Rock GC & Trappers Turn. American Family Insurance will be the sponsor and the Junior Foundation will administer the tournament. This event will be open to any juniors ages 12-18 and hopes to attract the top juniors from around the Midwest.
- Sand Valley will host our first ever Par 3 Junior Championship. This event will be played at the Sandbox course on July 24. This event will be open for juniors ages 14-18.
What's Your Pathway?
Make it a Summer to Remember!
Get more Info from your local PGA Professional
PGA Junior League Golf is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls, ages 17 and under, to learn and enjoy the game of golf from PGA and LPGA Professionals. Like many other recreational youth sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with friends. Much like little league baseball, teams travel to different courses in their area and play against teams in a fun but competitive format. For more info, email Erika Pirkl at email@example.com or check out www.pgajrleague.com to search for a program near you!
Once again in 2019, the WPGA Jr. Foundation is offering a discounted membership to all juniors who register for PGA Jr. League. To get the discount code, contact your PGA Jr. League Captain. Visit our Membership tab here for more info.
Pack your Bags!
Drive, Chip and Putt Registration is now open
Whether your son or daughter is picking up the club for the first time, or has been playing for years, the Drive Chip and Putt competition is for every kid. Everywhere. Give it a shot! We do have to warn you---golf tends to get kids hooked for a lifetime!!
REGISTER HERE: Please visit www.drivechipandputt.com and hit "Register Now." You'll be prompted to enter in participant information and sign a waiver online. From that point, you'll be able to search for local qualifying spots closest to you! More details can be found on our website under "Drive, Chip & Putt" covering starting time information and competition rules.
How does it work? This fun, free and nationwide youth golf development initiative invites boys and girls, ages 7-15, to participate in local qualifying opportunities in all 50 states throughout the months of May, June, July and August. Entrants will play in girls’ and boys’ divisions in four age categories, with scoring centered around golf’s three fundamental skills (Drive, Chip and Putt). Top performers at the local level will advance through subregional and regional qualifiers in July/August and September/October, respectively, at some of the nation’s most acclaimed venues and championship sites. From these qualifiers, 80 finalists – 40 boys and 40 girls – will earn an invitation to the National Finals at Augusta National Golf Club on Sunday, April 5, 2020 --the Sunday before the start of The Masters. Questions? Call 414-443-3570 or visit the Drive, Chip and Putt tab on our website.
Stage 1 Qualifying (Local)
May 19th—Erin Hills Golf Course (Erin, Wis.)
June 15th—Whistling Straits Golf Course (Kohler, Wis.)
June 24th –The Oaks Golf Course (Cottage Grove, Wis.)
July 1st —Green Bay Country Club (Green Bay, Wis.)
July 8th —Reedsburg Country Club (Reedsburg, Wis.)
July 16th —Edgewood Golf Course (Big Bend, Wis.)
July 23rd—The Legend at Merrill Hills (Waukesha, Wis.)
August 1st –Eau Claire G&CC (Altoona, Wis.)
2019 Scholarship Applications Available
Information for Scholarship Applicants
The purpose of the WPGA Junior Foundation scholarship program is to assist graduating high school and college students in financing their college education. There are 2 separate scholarship forms. One is for graduating high school seniors and the other is for current college students. Please choose the appropriate one. In 2018, the WPGA Junior Foundation awarded 32 scholarships totaling $30,000. We anticipate awarding even more in 2019.
If you are a PGA PGM student, you will be asked to indicate that on your application. You will be considered for the Tony Coleman Memorial Scholarship and the general scholarships. All applicants will be eligible for the Terry Noel Memorial Scholarship.
View all of the scholarship descriptions here
High School Applicants
2019 High School Senior Application Here - Click Here for PDF form
Printable HS Application Here (to print and type answers)
2019 College Student Application Form - Click Here for PDF form
Printable College Application Here (to print and type answers in)
Deadline for both scholarship applications is May 10, 2019.
The LPGA also has scholarships available for girls. See the below scholarship applications.
Visit www.lpgafoundation.org for more information.