The First Tee of South Central Wisconsin
The First Tee is an international youth development organization whose mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
Our vision is a community in which all kids have available to them the equipment, course and range access, and comprehensive instruction needed to promote character development and life-enhancing values through the game of golf. We seek to organize and promote golf activities that foster leadership, develop core values and promote healthy lifestyles for youths of all ages throughout the communities of South Central Wisconsin.
Since its inception in 1997, The First Tee has:
- Reached over 9 million participants.
- Actively engaged 17,000 volunteers.
- Introduced 6,000 elementary schools to The First Tee National School Program, which delivers a structured golf curriculum that promotes character development in a physical education setting.
- Over 900 youth participated in our registered programming.
- 40% of our participants received some form of scholarship based on financial need, 35% were minority, and 32% were female participants.
- We partnered with 11 youth service agency partners providing The First Tee experiences to over 1,500 youth.
- We piloted an after school program, bringing The First Tee curriculum as well as academic assistance to over 70 kids in the Vitense Golfland area during after school hours. We envision a year round learning center for after school activity, which will serve 400 youth annually, helping to alleviate the opportunity gaps found in our youth.
- Had 30 schools in South Central Wisconsin utilize our National School Program in physical education classes, exposing the game of golf and it’s values to 12,000 youth.
- We partnered with our Champions4Kids; Jerry Kelly, Andy North, Sherri Steinhauer, and Steve Stricker, through chapter events and strategic initiatives.
Children 6-18 can participate in programs offered by The First Tee of South Central Wisconsin at all of its locations. Visit the rest of our site to learn more about all of our programs and to learn how you can become involved.
For more information on The First Tee of South Central Wisconsin including the 2015 Program Schedule, please visit